We design literature reviews to meet your needs, dependent on the questions you need answered. Systematic literature reviews are appropriate when you need to answer a clearly-formulated question, when reproducibly is important, and to meet formal HTA requirements. Other types of literature reviews can be conducted to inform your GVD or to determine input parameters for an economic model.
High-quality literature reviews can help you understand:
- Definitions, etiology, and diagnosis of a disease
- Epidemiologic, humanistic, and economic burden of a disease
- Treatment guidelines and patterns in clinical practice
- Clinical and cost effectiveness of comparator treatments
- Best practices in economic modeling methods in a disease area
- Economic model inputs including resource use, cost, and utility estimates
Because literature reviews often serve as the foundation for follow-on research, it is imperative that they are done well and with scientific rigor. From preparing the search protocol to conducting the search and review and extracting results, our rigorous, quality-controlled processes consistently ensure high-quality reliable deliverables. At RTI Health Solutions, senior researchers oversee all literature reviews to ensure that only the highest quality information is used to inform your HEOR and market access strategies.